How to Mount the Garmin Forerunner 910XT on a Bike
In this tutorial, I show you how to mount your Garmin Forerunner 910XT on your bike. Although it is not necessary to mount the forerunner on your bike for it to work on your bike, most cyclists find that having it mounted on the stem makes it easier to monitor while riding and makes the buttons more accessible.
Remove the Garmin Forerunner 910XT from the Watch Band
1. Use one screwdriver to hold one side of the pin that attaches one side of the watch band.
2. Use the other screwdriver to unscrew and separate the pin pieces.
3. Pull out the pin pieces and remove the wrist-band.
4. Do the same thing to remove the other side of the wristband.
Install the Quick-Release Bracket
5. Align the bracket on the back of the Forerunner 910XT.
6. Insert the long piece of the pin through the bracket and the Forerunner.
7. Insert the small pin piece, then use the two screwdrivers to tighten the pin securely.
8. Do the same thing to attach the other side of the quick-release bracket.
Install the Bike Mount
9. Select a safe place to put the bike mount on your bike so that it does not interfere with the operation of your bike, such as the turning of your handlebars. A good place is either on your stem or on the handlebars.
10. Place the rubber disk on the back of the bike mount. The rubber tabs align with the back of the mount so that it stays in place.
11. Place the bike mount on the bike stem (or handlebars if that is where you’ve chosen to mount it.
12. Attach the bike mount securely using two of the bands provided.
13. Once the mount is secure, align the tabs on the back of the Forerunner with the bike mount notches. The Forerunner will be sideways in this position.
14. Press down slightly and then twist the Forerunner 910XT ninety degrees until it locks in place.